All artwork and text on this blog is copyrighted by Sean Hargreaves. No image or any part of this blog may be copied, reproduced or published in any manner without the written permission of Sean Hargreaves.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

VALLEY OF FIRE DIGITAL PAINTING.


This was a painting I did by looking at a photo I took in the Valley of fire in Nevada, an incredible place.  Its good to practice using photos now and then as strict guides so that you can 'adjust' your memory to how light and atmosphere interacts with certain elements.  With a lot of my paintings I usually try to paint using difficult, detailed subject matter under bright, sunny, severe lighting conditions. That way nothing is hidden, everything needs to be touched and the hope is that what you are recording with your eyes in these conditions can be remembered for other, less harsher images.  Color matching can be very hard, and this can really teach you a lot, by looking, and matching. When I started this I underestimated the time needed to render each bush, and by the time I was done it was a great relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment